It's a new year! That means lots of fresh resolutions and lots of new opportunities to shake off any negative from last year and finally, truthfully, get yourself on track to create healthy habits.
Below are seven self-care tips from The MELT Method Creator, Sue Hitzmann, to help kick-start your journey (or keep you moving forward). Don't forget, self-care doesn't have to be some grand, time-consuming event. While we would all love to have a spa day filled with professional treatments, that's just not feasible for everyone to achieve. Meet yourself where you're at and don't put so much pressure on yourself that self-care keeps getting pushed down to the bottom of your to-do list.
If you're looking for new tool to help keep yourself accountable check out our new free MELT Journal here.
Read on for seven, very simple self-care tips.
1) Treat yourself to a mini foot treatment while you brush your teeth in the morning.
- For more information on the MELT Hand and Foot Therapy Balls click here.
2) Do your meal prep ahead of time – for the week or even just the next morning. And have simple snacks ready to go!
3) Stand up from your desk at least once every hour and stretch. Better yet, go walk and get yourself a glass of water at least once every hour.Sitting is a desk sentence! Just stand up! This increases circulation, heart rate, and blood flow, which decreases your risk of heart disease, diabetes, and weight gain. So hey, why not?
4) Use a sleep mask at bedtime to give your body the proper shutdown it needs at night.Science shows that sleep is the most essential element of a healthy life. But many people don’t go to bed in a dark room. Either wear an eye mask or get blackout shades. This helps boost your metabolism and you
r repair processes, and keeps neurotransmitters and hormones balanced. Remember, hormones like epinephrine, norepinephrine, dopamine, and cortisol play essential roles in our stress response. Sleeping in a dark room helps fuel metabolism and manage arterial blood pressure, and aids in healing and muscular repair – so your body lowers stress hormones and boosts repair hormones. You can find two of Sue's favorite masks here and here.
5) Get outside or to the gym. Even if it’s only walking on the treadmill for 20 minutes, that’s better than nothing.
6) Give yourself permission to delete negativity. Go ahead and mute those negative people you follow on social media.Our limbic system
7) Do just one thing this week that makes you happy… just because.In a busy world, sometimes it’s tough to put YOU first. Think about what makes you happy. Whether it’s calling a friend, going out for a date night, sleeping in one day this week, staying in for a romantic evening, reading a book… whatever it is that makes you happy, cut out some time this week and do it.
And, don't forget to MELT. All you need, is 10-minutes a day, three times a week to kick-start healthier living. MELT is proven to help quiet the mind, balance your nervous system, and get you feeling your best for improved living and longevity. Don't have MELT tools to get started? Check out the MELT Method Beginner Bundle and get started today!